Real Madrid’s defensive errors caused Celta Vigo, their opponent to take advantage to lead 2-1 at the end of the half time.
The Los Merengues however, came from twice to secure the 5-2 victor at their newly renovated Bernabeu on Sunday night.
The surprising victory witnessed by 25,000 fans seated at the Bernabeu for the first time in 560 days.
Karim Benzema, their striker’s hatrick contributed immensely to their outstanding success.
Edouardo Camavinga scored on his debut with a tap after a rebound in the 72th minute.
Vinicius who scored in the 54th minute had been electric in the second half and he nearly had his second goal only for Dituro’s feet t o deny him.
The comprehensive win earned them the same 10 points as Valencia and Atletico Madrid and placed them on top of the Spanish league.
Without Bale, Jovic and Alaba for Madrid, life was initially made slightly more complicated for Carlo Ancelotti in his selection.
The game which started badly for Real Madrid however, proved to be a happy return after a fine display in second half!
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike