Graham Calls For Joe Biden’s Impeachment
Senator representing South Carolina, Lindsey Graham has again called for the immediate impeachment of United States’ President Joe Biden.
The Republican lawmaker made the call following the United States withdrawal from Afghanistan soil.
Graham accused President Biden of “ignored sound advice” and has “been this way for 40 years”.
At least 12 American service members were killed when multiple explosions rocked the Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul, Afghanistan on Sunday.
Graham also called on US forces to remain in Afghanistan so as to tackle terrorists who have so far killed 13 US troops and as many as 170 Afghans.
“You cannot break [Islamic State’s] will through drone attacks. You’ve got to have people on the ground hitting these people day in and day out. You can’t do it over the horizon.
“[Biden] deserves a lot of accountability for this. And I’m sure it will be coming.
“I think it’s a dereliction of duty to leave hundreds of Americans behind enemy lines, turn them into hostages, to abandon thousands of Afghans who fought honorably along our side, to create conditions for another 9/11 that are now through the roof,” said Graham.
As a senator, Graham was a juror in Trump’s two impeachment trials. He voted against convicting him for seeking dirt on Biden in Ukraine and inciting the deadly Capitol riot.
“Yeah, I think [Biden’s] been derelict in his duties as commander-in-chief,” Graham told CBS. “I don’t think he got bad advice and took it. I think he ignored sound advice.
“And this is Joe Biden being Joe Biden. He’s been this way for 40 years, but now he’s the commander-in-chief. He’s not a senator. He’s not the vice-president. These are commander-in-chief decisions. I think the best you could describe is a dereliction of duty at the highest level.”
Graham was close to Biden when the US President was a senator and vice-president to Barack Obama.
- Chelsea Weather Early Storm As They severely Humiliate Spurs
- Police Arrest Fake Military Officer With AK-49 Riffle
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis