The forum of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP state chairmen has threatened to replace national officers of the party who recently declared their resignation to reconsider their actions and embrace dialogue.
Seven deputy national officers of the party resigned on Tuesday in protest against what they described as “poor leadership” and lack of financial transparency.
The officers who resigned are the deputy national auditor, the deputy national publicity secretary, deputy national financial secretary, the deputy legal adviser, the deputy organising secretary and the deputy women leader.
In reaction to the development, the state Chairmen forum, in a statement by its publicity secretary, Francis Orogu, asked the resigned officers to reconsider their action, as they further called on the national working committee (NWC) of the party to replace the officers if they fail to have a rethink.
“In the overall interest of the Party, the Forum calls on all those who resigned to have a rethink and embrace dialogue , as an alternative to solving the problems they feel are mitigating against the progress of the Party,”
“In the event of their inability to have a rethink of their actions, the NWC of the Party should call for an immediate replacement of such Officer from their respective States to ensure a smooth conduct of future Party activities.
“The Forum calls on the NWC to close ranks and put in place an all inclusive plan of action for the smooth conduct of the forthcoming National Convention, which is the only legally authorised platform for electing National Officers of the Party.
“The Forum also calls on all Organs of the Party to engage and interact effectively with each other to bring up a smooth and robust plan of action for the conduct of the next National Convention in a free and fair manner.”
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike