The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has denied declaring a retired commodore in the Nigerian Navy, Kunle Olawunmi wanted over his statement when he was speaking during a recent interview with Channels Television.
Speaking during a Channels Television programme, Sunrise Daily on Wednesday, Olawunmi had claimed he was in service, he was among those who interrogated some Boko Haram members who were arrested.
He disclosed that some of the insurgents arrested mentioned the names of some government officials as their sponsors.
Subsequently, there were unconfirmed reports that Defence Intelligence Agency (DIA) had declared the retired Commodore wanted over the interview.
But reacting to the reports, DHQ spokesman, Benjamin Sawyerr, denied the reports.
He said “There is nothing like that. There is no time that the DIA ordered the arrest of the naval officer. He went on Channels Television and said a lot of things. So, someone in intelligence called him and asked him to come on Tuesday and share his information,”
Also Read: No Channels TV Journalist Was Arrested; DSS
“The military does not issue warrant of arrest. Only a court can order an arrest. The former officer spent a lot of time at the interview. If they wanted to arrest him, they would have done so. No one invites someone just to arrest them.”
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari