An Islamic cleric, Sheikh Nuru Khalid, has criticized President Muhammadu Buhari for his attitude towards the activities of bandits.
Sheikh Nuru, the Chief Imam of Apo Legislative Quarters Mosque, said God will deal with Buhari if he fails to return Nigeria to the state he met it.
Addressing Islamic worshippers during his sermon, the Imam vowed that Allah would deal with Buhari if he fails to tackle bandits because he had no challenge of banditry before assuming power.
The Chief Imam was heard saying this in a viral video, “Go and tell the President that under his government, some group of people are issuing threats to local communities, demanding that they should be paid some amounts of money or face attack.
“And they would gather the money and announce publicly on the BBC that they (bandits) would be paid this Friday [to avoid attack].
“Tell the president that there is a country we pay allegiance to, and there is a part of the country we do not know, which is governed by bandits.
“The president should either return the country as one nation where bandits are not killing people anyhow — just the way he took over, or Allah (God) will deal with him.”
Banditry violence has mostly affected populations living in Nigeria’s Zamfara, Kaduna, Niger, Sokoto, Kebbi and Katsina states in the northwest.
About 21 million people living in these states have been exposed to insecurity from activities of bandits.
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari