The mother of Barcelona and Brazil soccer legend, Ronaldinho has passed away.
Dona Miguelina had tested positive to the dreaded lethal virus at the end of 2020.
The 71-year-old was hospitalised after testing positive for the virus in December, in Porto Alegre.
Her demise as was made public by media outlets in Brazil and Peru, according to reports from Peruvian national TV station.
Ronaldinho Gaúcho: Murió por COVID-19 la madre del exfutbolista https://t.co/6sx9WUMwyq
— América (@americatv_peru) February 21, 2021
Former club, Barcelona have condoled with the player since the incident, taking to it’s official Twitter page to say;
“Our sincerest condolences go to former player Ronaldinho, who has lost his mother to COVID-19. We’re always with you, hero. ❤️ https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1363274434388328450?s=19
Ronaldinho returned to Brazil in 2011, after three years at AC Milan, before spells at four different clubs back in South America.
The 40-year-old made 207 appearances in all competitions for La Blaugrana, following his 2003 move from Paris Saint-Germain, after playing a starring role in Brazil’s 2002 World Cup win, and he won two La Liga titles and one Champions League in Catalonia.
- Breaking: Buhari Approves Appointment Of Usman Alkali As Acting IGP
- Woman Discovers Her Son’s Bride is Her Long Lost Daughter of 20-Years
- Learn From Afonja’s Mistake, Group Tells S’East Govs
- It’s Rude To Keep Bibles In Hotel Rooms – Bisi Alimi
- We Give You 7 Days To Leave Calabar – Group Tells Igbo
- Easter: Joy as Engr Uti Donates Food Items For Widows, Widowers in Ogulagha
- There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits In Zamfara, Five Other Northern States – Gov Matawalle
- Delta Man Set To Wed Two Women Same Day
- CCT Chairman Assaults Security Officer in Abuja, Says ‘The Guard Was Rude’
- Don’t listen to anyone telling you to have kids without a job – Reno Omokri