Amid the ongoing news of Ronaldo’s move to Manchester City, United Gaffer has refused to rule out a possibility of Ronaldo’s return to Old Trafford.
The Portuguese recently made it known to Juventus of his desire to leave the Turin-based club, in search of a new challenge.
Although City seemed the favorite for the Talisman, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer feels a late move can be made for the star man.
What has been said
During Ole’s press conference, he was asked about Ronaldo’s imminent transfer to Man United, he said;
“I don’t want to speculate too much. Cristiano is a legend of this club, he is the greatest player of all time. I was fortunate enough to play with him, I coached him when I got my job,”
“He almost retired me when I got injured in that Wolverhampton game, he kept switching sides. He’s such a tremendous human being so let us see what happens with him; everyone who’s played with him will have a soft spot for him.”
Furthermore, he was asked whether it would be great for him to return he replied:
“I have to say he’s probably the greatest player of all time, arguably him and Messi. It is what it is.”
In addition, Solskjaer was asked why Man Utd wouldn’t try to land him before the closure of the transfer window, he replied:
“I didn’t think Cristiano would leave Juventus and it’s been speculation the last few days.
“We’ve always had good communication. I know Bruno has been talking to him as well and he knows what we feel about him and If he was ever going to move away from Juventus he knows we’re here.”
As it stands, Cristiano Ronaldo’s destination is yet to be known and football fans all over the world are eager to see where the five-time world-best player will eventually play for; is it Manchester United or their noisy neighbor Manchester City?
- Chelsea Weather Early Storm As They severely Humiliate Spurs
- Police Arrest Fake Military Officer With AK-49 Riffle
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis