Attahiru Jega, a former chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), has opined that rotational presidency cannot solve problems facing the country. “
Jega, during an Arise TV programme on Monday, urged Nigerians to “interrogate the capacity of that person to lead this country” in 2023.
He said “The way Nigeria is now, we need the best person with competence, capacity, experience to be the president to get this country out of the challenges we have presently,”
“That person can come from the north, south, east or the west, but the important thing is that even if political parties decide that a candidate should come from a particular area, what we need to do is that Nigerians must interrogate the capacity of that person to lead this country appropriately.
“This idea of rotational presidency cannot take us out of the challenges we have in this country, presently.”
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi