…condoles with family, Ijaw Nation
The Ijaw National Congress, INC, has described the death of High Chief Dr S.Y Mamamu as a ‘monumental loss’ to the Ijaw people.
This is even as the National Executive Council of the INC paid a condolence visit to the family of the late elder statesman in Warri, on Wednesday.
While speaking, Prof Benjamin Ogele Okaba, President of Ijaw National Congress lamented the demise of the former Western Zone Chairman at a time Ijaws are faced with numerous agitations, particularly the Delta 2023 governorship race.
Prof Okaba noted that Ijaws are in a time where the elderly wisdom of S.Y Mamamu was mostly needed.
The revered scholar called to mine Mamamu’s attribute of consistently displaying a unique traditional regalia whenever he was found in gatherings of any nature.
“Mamamu’s death is deeply felt across the entire Ijaw Nation. It is a monumental loss, a big blow to our struggle.
“He was a symbol of Ijaw ethnicity and culture. Nobody can question God as the giver and taker of life,” Prof Okaba said.
He further assured the family of Congress’ and the Bayelsa State Government’s support with regards to the burial of the late icon.
The gathering had major stakeholders in Ijaw Nation, Ijaw Youth Council, Ijaw Elders Forum, political appointees amongst others in attendance.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike