A 200-level student has been reported dead after he allegedly committed suicide in his hostel room.
The student, who was an indigene of Abia state, was said to have been found in one of the hostel room dangling with rope around his neck on Friday, August 20.
An eyewitness, who preferred anonymity, said
“The deceased locked himself inside the room and when the door was broken, he was seen dangling with a rope around his neck.”Advertisement
Reacting to the development, the Chief Security Officer of the Institution, Ken Chukwura, said the deceased’s roommates have been invited for further questioning while investigation had commenced.
Chukwura called on students to go about their activities without fear as the situation was under control.
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi