A five-year-old boy has been confirmed dead after he drowned in a well in Kano State.
The incident was reported to have happened at Zangon Dinya in Bagwai Local Government Area of Kano State.
Confirming the incident, the Public Relations Officer the fire service, Saminu Abdullahi released a statement to the news men on Friday September 3, in Kano.
“We received a distress call from Bichi division at about 08:30 p.m. from one Muhammad Usman and we sent our rescue team to the scene at 08.45 pm,” he said.Advertisement
Abdullahi said the incident happened on Thursday night, and the young boy named Yusha’u Usman was later brought out of the well dead.
He added that the corpse of the drowned boy has been handed over to ward head of Zangon Dinya Bagwai, Malam Yahaya Sule.
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari