A new twist has been added to the ongoing scuffle over the leadership of the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), the church of late Prophet TB Joshua.
This is followed by the emergence of a rebel group codenamed Global Congress of SCOAN Members (GCSM).
The group upon it’s emergence, has rejected the leadership of Evelyn Joshua, TB Joshua’s wife, describing it as fraudulent.
The statement signed by Adedeji Opeyemi, President of GCSM and Brown Chimieze as secretary, was released in Akure to newsmen.
“We are worried about the emergence of Mrs. Evelyn Joshua, the wife of the late founder who made unilateral declaration of herself as the new leader of the Church.
“She claimed a congregation of 2000 Church members appointed her. This is ridiculous: Where did the meeting hold? Was it through a Yes vote? Was it through election? Was it through ‘anointing’ by the 2000 members?
“Where is the resolution of the 2000 members? Can 2000 members pick a successor in a Church with millions of members all over the world, in five continents? What is the constitution of the Church? Was it followed?”, the statement queried.
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi