The police in the Dunukofia Local Government Area of Anambra State, on Sunday, arrested scores of suspected gays in the area.
It was gathered that the police raided a hotel in the area, where the suspected gays were having a party following a tip-off.
A police source said, “The officers arrested an undisclosed number of them, mostly men of different age brackets.”
An indigene of the community, who corroborated the police source said, “The homosexuals were holding a party at the facility when trouble ensued, leading to invitation of policemen from the Ukpo Police Division.
“The suspects attempted fleeing in all directions when the policemen arrived, leading to the destruction of ceilings and other items in the hotel.
“The suspects were taken to the command’s anti-cult office in Ukpo for investigation.”
When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Haruna Mohammed, said the report of the incident had not been brought to his knowledge.
- Breaking: Buhari Approves Appointment Of Usman Alkali As Acting IGP
- Woman Discovers Her Son’s Bride is Her Long Lost Daughter of 20-Years
- Learn From Afonja’s Mistake, Group Tells S’East Govs
- It’s Rude To Keep Bibles In Hotel Rooms – Bisi Alimi
- We Give You 7 Days To Leave Calabar – Group Tells Igbo
- Easter: Joy as Engr Uti Donates Food Items For Widows, Widowers in Ogulagha
- There Are 30,000 Armed Bandits In Zamfara, Five Other Northern States – Gov Matawalle
- Delta Man Set To Wed Two Women Same Day
- CCT Chairman Assaults Security Officer in Abuja, Says ‘The Guard Was Rude’
- Don’t listen to anyone telling you to have kids without a job – Reno Omokri