Scores have reportedly been killed durring a a violence that broke out in Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau State on Saturday as some youths attacked Muslims around Rukuba Road.
It was learnt that some buses were carrying Muslims who were returning from Bauchi enroute Ondo state while Irigwe people and other mourners were waiting for the corpses of six of their people who were recently killed by suspected herdsmen in an attack for funeral before the violence broke out.
Confirming the incident, Spokesman of the Plateau State Police Command, ASP Gabriel Ogaba, said, “Yes, there was unrest at Rukuba Road of Jos North LGA.
“Security personnel have been deployed to the area and have taken charge.
“At the moment the area is calm and residents are going about their lawful businesses.
“Details about what happened will be communicated shortly.”
Casualty figure was yet to be ascertained as at the time of filing this report.
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari