Nigeria army, troops of 72 Special Force Brigade, Makurdi, have stopped 73 young males headed to Imo from Nasarawa stated.
They were being transported inside five trucks with 47 motorcycles when soldiers intercepted them at Agan Toll Gate within the Benue capital.
The vehicles also contained sacks of minerals loaded from Plateau State for delivery at a Port Harcourt-based company.
Benue Deputy Governor, Benson Abounu who visited the Army barracks on Tuesday commended the military personnel for their vigilance and conduct.
Abounu said contrary to speculations and fear of attack, “no arms were found after a thorough search conducted by the soldiers.”
He advised the Army to thoroughly profile the young men to ascertain the actual mission of their trip and possibly fish out those who provide questionable responses.
Lt. Col. AD Alhassan, Commander of 72 Special Forces Brigade disclosed that his men acted on intelligence.
Alhassan also confirmed that no weapons were found after the search conducted on the passengers, trucks and motorcycles.
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals