Governor of Oyo State, Seyi Makinde has alledged that some people do not want his administration to succeed in the state.
Makinde, who made this disclosure while speaking at the 1443/2021 Hijrah Luncheon held at the Government House, Agodi, Ibadan on Sunday, also promised to continue to balance political appointments between Muslims and Christians in the state.
The governor said, “Some elements don’t want us to succeed, no doubt.
“I saw the pictures of the waterlogged pitch they were circulating but when our people shunned them, the opposition elements went to pick some pictures from another location and made it looked like it is from our Adamasingba Stadium. But what do they want to gain from speaking untruth?
“When the issue of Hijra happened before the pandemic, I had to call on some people to see how it would not affect our productivity because I think we have many holidays already. But much later when they came up with convincing arguments that if we declare a day to celebrate Hijrah, it won’t affect our economy, I approved it. Not only did I approve it, I also said we should look for a special day to celebrate where we can wine and dine.
“I want to use the opportunity of today’s event to address the issues some people brought up. Everytime I go through the social media and read what people are saying, those who know how we did campaign in 2019 will admit that we did not abuse anyone.
“As a matter of fact, the people of Oyo State know we are doing the right thing. We released the Roadmap for Accelerated Development of Oyo State (2019-2023) document, and told the people to hold us accountable by the document.
“I am saying today again, go and look at the document. All the things we are doing now have been documented and we are just following the roadmap.”
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller