Alhaji Usman Galadima, a Grade two teacher of Central Primary School Karabonde, Borgu Local Government Area of Niger state, has been suspended from work by the management of the State Universal Basic Education Board, SUBEB.
Alh. Galadima was accused of sexually assaulting some pupils of the school and threatening to kill them if they reveal what he did to them.
Just as the adage goes “Many days for the thief, one day for the owner” some of the pupils had garnered courage to relate the incident to their school Head Mistress, Maimunat Tanko, who reported the matter to the Head Master, Mallam Abdullahi Toure.
DAILY REPORT NIGERIA learnt that the school reported the ordeals of the teacher to the social welfare department of Borgu LGA on 25th August, 2021.
The report was followed by a visit by the Education Secretary of the council to the school to verify the report. Afterwards a committee was setup to investigate the matter on 27th August, 2021, leading to more revelations from more girls on being sexually assaulted by the same teacher.
Galadima appeared before the committee and confessed to the crime, during its meeting.
The board through its Public Relations Officer, Idirs Kolo ascertained that before any further action would be taken against him, the teacher must be suspended first from work.
“The accused is presently with Child Right Protection Agency. We have to move him from Borgu to Minna to save his life from mob action by parents and families of the victims. They are all furious over what he did to their daughters.
“The management of SUBEB has suspended him because, what he did cannot be swept under the carpet by anyone. The state Governor, Alh. Abubakar Sani Bello is not happy with the development,” he explained.
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller