Yoruba nation activist, Sunday Igboho Adeyemo, has stated that the Yoruba country rally will continue.
Igboho had announced the cancellation of the Saturday rally after the Department of State Services (DSS) raided his home in Ibadan, on Wednesday.
Following the raid on Igboho’s home, the DSS declared him wanted and advised him to report to any security agency.
The Lagos State Police Command had also issued a warning against the rally within the state.
The police had warned Igboho to avoid Lagos, claiming that hoodlums were planning to hijack the rally.
Meanwhile, Igboho earlier stated the rally would continue in a Facebook live broadcast via his media aide, Olayomi Koiki.
“I can still confirm officially that the Lagos rally in as much as whatever news or rumours you’ve been listening to from different outlets, will go as planned,” Koiki said.
“The 3rd of July Mega rally will go as planned. All arrangements for the rally has been planned and nothing has changed.
“I have spoken to the organisers, nothing” he said.
Meanwhile, Koiki had warned that if the rally turned violent in Lagos, Nigerian police would be held accountable.
He said, “I heard that the commissioner of police said no rally will hold, tell them to expect us. We will know who owns Lagos on Saturday between Yoruba people or Sanwo-Olu or police. We will all meet on Saturday during the rally.
“If everything will be ruined, let it be on Saturday. They have the choice of letting us have our protest peacefully or causing violence. Police should be held responsible for any violence.
“Let us take all our grievances to Ojota at 9 am on Saturday.”
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals
- Over 1m Nigerians Completed Voter Registration in 12 weeks – INEC
- Nigerian Customs To Deploy Drones At Seme Border To Check Smuggling
- States Must be Empowered To Harness Resources, Revenues For Development – Wike
- My Vision For United Nigeria Driving Me Crazy – Okorocha