Lawyer to Yoruba nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo popularly known as Sunday Igboho, has disclosed that his client will return back to Nigeria after the tenure of President Muhammdu Buhari.
Igboho’s lawyer, Olusegun Falola disclosed that Igboho would seek asylum from countries like France.
The lawyer was quoted by Nation to have said “Igboho’s arrest shows he was cheated, because he didn’t commit any criminal offence. He is under Benin Republic’s protection.
“Nigeria did not show up in court or bring up evidence against Igboho. So there are no criminal charges against him. When he leaves prison, he’ll demand asylum from other countries including France, and they will be ready to receive him.
“So he’ll return back to Nigeria when the administration that is against him leaves office.
“The judges asked him if he had land in Cotonou and he responded that he has a land in Seme. So, there is still danger ahead. Igboho’s asylum in Cotonou is for him to stay in the country and do his businesses in the country and also travel to Germany to either live there or to travel to and fro. He’ll use Benin as his new home until Buhari’s tenure is over just for his own safety,”
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents