Two suspected kidnappers have met their death during a gun battle with men of the Ogun State Police Command.
The gunbattle was said to have happened in Itori area of Ewekoro local government at about 7:30 am, on Sunday, August 29th.
It was gathered that the policemen in Ewekoro divisional headquarters received some information that some armed men were seen in a bush at the back of ICT polytechnic.
Recalling that other armed robbers have been traced to the same bush, some policemen were deployed to the area.
”On sighting the policemen, the gang opened fire on them and the policemen engaged them in gun battle which lasted for about 40 minutes. At the end of the encounter, two members of the syndicate were gunned down while others escaped with varying degrees of gunshot injuries. ”DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, spokesperson of the command who confirmed the incident saidAdvertisement
Items recovered from the suspects include one locally fabricated shotgun, two live cartridges, two battle axes, empty shells of AK 47 riffle ammunition, three android phones, two small phones, 8 pairs of slippers, and two school bags.
The state commissioner of police CP Edward Awolowo, who commended his men, also warned criminals to detest from their ways, and stop testing the willpower of the Command.
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents