Residents of Coca Cola, Leventis, Ajibade, Ajegunle, Oke- Itunu, Oyo State are currently living in fear, as two people were feared killed by hoodlums in a reprisal attack in the area.
Due to fear, some residents have deserted their homes and shops following an attack that trailed the lynching of a suspected thief by angry mob on Thursday.It was gathered that some armed thugs swooped on the communities and attacked unsuspecting residents.
It was gathered that, On their arrival, they started shooting sporadically, and destroyed several property. Two people were feared dead. An anonymous source claimed “Three hoodlums, on a commercial motorcycle stormed the area around 4.00p.m. and shot at two people. A man and a woman, simply identified as Toyin, were killed. This lead Many people to scamper for safety.” He said that the man died on the spot, while the woman died on Friday from gunshot wounds.
The Oyo State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Olugbenga Fadeyi, confirmed the incident, saying police had dispatched its men to the area to forestall further attacks, adding that one person died in the incident.
“Information I had indicated that hoodlums set ablaze a man suspected to be a thief on Thursday. Later, three men suspected to be cultists went on a reprisal attack, and shot at the man named Ojo Jacob. The victim was about 58 years old.
“To forestall further damage and loss of lives, anti-crime policemen and patrol vehicles have been stationed in the area. Our men are on surveillance in the communities. The police are also on the trail of the suspects for possible arrest,” Fadeyi said
- BBNaija S6: Saskay Gives a Hints on her Relationship With Cross
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG