The Deputy Governor of Benue State, Benson Abounu, has said President Muhammadu Buhari, the Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammadu Abubakar III and other prominent Fulani leaders can end the killings by Fulani herders.
He said herders would stop the killings if Buhari, the Sultan and other prominent Fulanis speak to them.
The Deputy Governor spoke while featuring on Channels Television Programme, Sunrise Daily, on Tuesday.
According to Abounu: “One very effective response that I seek is a word from the President of this country concerning what is going on, asking the Fulanis to stop these terrible actions of theirs.
“I believe this will go a very long way. And also, I put a solemn request to the Sultan of Sokoto, and even to Lamido of Adamawa, who is the worldwide leader of the Fulani, that we need to hear from them.
“Fulani need to hear from them, their own leaders condemning what they are doing and asking them to put a stop to it.
“It is a very simple thing but I believe it will be an effective one.”
Abounu also accused the Fulani leaders of being passive in the wake of the weighty destructive activities performed by the herders.
“The body language of the leaders of Fulani in our society today is a very serious issue that needs to be addressed,” he said.
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals