Women die as building collapse in Akure
Three women have been killed after a building collapse on them at Arakale area of Akure, the Ondo state capital.
According to Daily Report Nigeria ‘s investigations, the women who were said to be fish sellers at the Oja Oba market, and were sitting under the building when the incident happened. Sources say they were hiding from a task force of the Fish Sellers Association.
It was gathered that the deceased was barred from buying fish from any cold room in Akure becausw she had not paid #1000 for purchase of Registration form.
The incident triggered the anger of other fish sellers in the community as they started a protest to the Ondo Governor’s office.
The protesters demanded that the Fish Sellers Association be disbanded with immediate effect, since it does more harm than good.
The Governor of Ondo state, Governor Rotimi akeredolu has ordered for the immediate suspension of all activities of the fish sellers union in the state.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari