Former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode has said former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Ahmed Tinubu, does not speak for most Yoruba people.
The former minister stated this while condemning the meeting of APC leaders in South West on Sunday.
Bola Tinubu, Bisi Akande, Olusegun Osoba and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbaj abiamila, were among those who called for restructuring of the country and the creation of state police.
In a series of tweets, FFK insisted that the likes of Tinubu would be “thrown into dustbin of history.”
He wrote: “One of the lessons that Bola Tinubu and those with him will soon learn is that it is a very dangerous thing and an exercise in futility to move against a moving train.Those that met in Lagos yesterday only represented their own narrow mindset and band of thinking and their political party.
“They didn’t represent the position of the Yoruba people.There are 70 million Yorubas in the world today and Tinubu does not speak for or lead most of them.
“He only leads part of the APC in parts of the SW and those that are with him are mainly members of the fading ruling elite.
“If there is a referendum on self-determination in the SW tomorrow these characters would be flushed down the toilet & thrown into the dustbin of history.
“The way to counter those that want to exercise their right of self-determination and leave Nigeria is not to act as if they do not exist, impose your will on them, dismiss them with contempt and attempt to publicly rubbish & dismiss their legitimate concerns and aspirations but instead to try and understand where they are coming from, assuage their fears and anxieties, negotiate with them & give them guarantees about their place & role in a new & restructured Nigeria.
“Outside of that it is only a question of time before they break away and determine their own future. Tinubu does not control the streets of the SW: the Yoruba nationalists and separatists do.
“Those that met in Lagos only represent a tiny group of those in the Southwest. They cow tow to, beg and lobby the separatists behind closed doors and they condemn and disown them before the world. Such intellectual dishonesty, doublespeak and cowardice is reprehensible.”
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals