Odunayo Adekuroye and Team Nigeria hope for a medal in the wrestling event at the Tokyo Olympics crashed.
It has been mixed feelings for Team Nigeria at the ongoing Olympics, with their best athletes either disqualified or failing to win medals.
Adekuroye, the African Champion lost to Moldova’s Anastasia Nichita by fall in the 57kg weight category fight in the ongoing Olympics.
The experienced wrestler was in the lead with 8-2, byt the Moldovan managed to win through a spin in round 16.
There will be a second shot for a medal for Team Nigeria if Nichita reaches the final of the 57kg weight category through the repechage.
One of Team Nigeria’s Wrestler Ekerekeme Agimor, lost in the quarter-final at the ongoing Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
- BBNaija: Yousef Reveals Real Relationships in the House.
- Family Desert Nigeria, Celebrate Abroad 2 Years After
- Prophetesses Die Two Days After Being Sentenced to Life Imprisonment, For For Making ‘Poisonous’ Love Potion for Client
- Pastor Killed by Stray Bullet During Morning Devotion in Ebonyi
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals