A thirteen-year-old girl has committed suicide in Ikpoba-Okha Local Government Area of Edo State.
The girl, identified as Precious Iwezoa, a resident of Number 6 Osagie Street, Off Lucky Way Road, Ikpoba-Okha Local Government Area of Edo state, was said to be living with her paternal grandmother since 2017, when her mother passed away.
Precious’s dead body was found hanging with a rope inside the compound. An alarm was raised and her grandmother was immediately alerted.
The distraught grandmother, Janet Ohioma, narrated that Precious had earlier helped her to heat her food and later sat in the living room watching the television. She said she did not expect to see the lifeless body of her teenage daughter.
“I thought Precious had run away from home as she had done before but was found by a neighbor. When I got to where Precious was, I fell” the devastated grandmum saidAdvertisement
Operatives from the Edo State Police Command who visited the scene assured that the incident will be investigated but ruled out foul play. The spokesperson of the state police command, Bello Kontongs, said:
“The police has removed the body and deposited for preservation at our clinic at Ikpoba Hill while investigation is on to unravel the cause of her hanging herself.
It is said for me reporting that a thirteen-year-old who has not even started life, is hanging herself for reasons only known to her because there was no suicide note and observing the body, for now, I can said there was no foul play. She actually hanged herself.”
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents