Woman Commits Suicide in Edo
A yet-to-be-identified middle-aged has committed suicide Idokpa Community, Edo State.
This tragic incident happened close to the Benin bypass, on Thursday morning, August 5.
The woman’s lifeless body was found dangling from the ceiling of an uncompleted building.
It was gathered that the woman, who residents said was not from Idokpa community, was believed to have committed suicide overnight.
As residents trooped out to the building to see the body, nobody could say why the woman decided to take such drastic action.
A resident at the scene, identified as samuel, also confirmed that the woman was not a member of the community, as nobody could recognise her.
“We all ran there when the news got to us but no one seems to know the woman or where she came from. Hopefully, the police will help unravel the mystery,” Samuel told Tribune.
It was further gathered that the owner of the uncompleted building contacted the police in the area, who made arrangement for the evacuation of the corpse to the mortuary.
Spokesperson of the Edo State Police Command, Kontongs Bello, who confirmed the incident, said that investigation is ongoing and a statement will be issued in due course.
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari