Train Kills Mother, 7-Year-Old Daughter
A train belonging to the Nigerian Railway Commission, NRC, on Thursday reportedly killed a woman and her 7-year-old daughter along the Warri- Itakpe railway.
The fatal incident occurred at about 3pm in Aragba community of the Delta State.
A source who hinted our correspondent on the sad incident said;
“The woman, a moi-moi seller and her daughter, a teenager, were walking on the rail tracks when the incident occurred.
“On hearing the sound of the train, the daughter tried to get her mother out of the tracks, but was knocked down alongside the mother.
“The accident happened at elevated area of the railway, which may be reason the victims could not escape the train.Advertisement
“The train was bound for the Ujevwu Train Station in Udu and scheduled to return to Itakpe in Kogi state this evening.”
“The train was yet to return as youths of the area had allegedly mobilized to the spot of the accident.”
The Delta state Acting Police Public Relations Officer PPRO, DSP Bright Edafe also confirmed the incident saying. “Yes, it is true. It’s confirmed.”
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents