Operatives of the Edo State Police Command has arrested a tricyclist for robbing and raping a female passenger.
The accused, identified as Akpan Confidence, a 24-year-old, was said to have used his vehicle to trap, rob and rape a female passenger.
The victim, an undergraduate of one of the tertiary institutions in the state had hired the suspect at about 8:pm on 23 July 2021 to Ugbor area towards Airport road.
Halfway into the journey, confidence diverted his vehicle into a lonely road, claiming the other one was bad, he then brought out a cutlass threatening to kill his passenger, unless she agrees to sleep with him.
He overpowered, robbed, and raped her before fleeing into the night.
Narrating her ordeal, the victim who refused to disclose her identity, said
“I called the Keke NAPEP man to carry me to where I could get a taxi to Sapele Road. We agreed and I got in only for him to suddenly brandish a shining cutlass, threatening to kill me if I refused to sleep with him. I have no choice but to surrender quickly,”
“He forcefully slept with me in an uncompleted building right in the middle of a bush. I begged him but he refused to let go of me. He later left me in the bush after sleeping with me and collected the little money I had.” she added
The suspect, who was arrested around Sapele road in Benin city on Monday, August 9, said he regrets his action.
“I regret my action. I am ashamed. I don’t really know what came over me. I can’t explain why I raped and robbed her.” he said.
The spokesperson of the Edo State Police Command, SP Bello Kontongs, confirmed the suspect was arrested, and they would carry out further investigations.
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi