Suspected hoodlums have burnt a truck conveying spare parts in Nsukka, Enugu state.
The truck, which was transporting spare parts from Nnewi in Anambra to Kabba in Kogi, was said to have been set ablaze at Eluagu, Obupka, in Nsukka LGA, around 6:35am.
Speaking with NAN on the incident, the driver of the vehicle, Fabian Eze, said he left Nnewi on Sunday night, and parked in Eluagu by 6am over fear of being attacked by members of the proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), following the sit-at-home order earlier declared by the group.
“I parked the vehicle. My conductor and I left to find where we could find something to eat,”
“From where we were looking for something to eat, we heard people running from the main road, shouting a big vehicle parked on the main road has been set on fire by hoodlums.
“I and my conductor rushed to the main road, only to see our vehicle completely burnt.
“Even the N210,000 in the vehicle we were using to run expenses also got burnt. The spare parts we have in the vehicle belong to many spare parts traders in Kabba in Kogi state, and it is worth about N30 million.
“I am afraid if the owners of the vehicle and spare parts will tell me to pay for the burnt vehicle and spare parts.” the driver narrated.
According to NAN, an eyewitness who pleaded anonymity said: “These hoodlums were chasing some tricycle operators picking passengers on that road, when they saw the vehicle parked along the road,”
“Nobody was inside that vehicle when the hoodlums set it ablaze. I suspect the driver ran way.”
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi
- Nigeria Needs Strong Institutions, Not Powerful Individuals — Shina Peller