Former US President Donald Trump has declared his support for Nigeria over the recent suspension of the operations of Twitter in the country.
On June 4, federal government of Nigeria, had announced the “indefinite” suspension of Twitter in Nigeria for allowing its platform to be used for activities that “undermine Nigeria’s corporate existence”.
The federal government’s announcement came days after Twitter deleted a post by President Muhammadu Buhari.
In a statement on Tuesday, Trump congratulated the federal government on the decision, and urged other countries to follow suit.
Also Read: I Support Twitter Ban; Yemi Solade
“Congratulations to the country of Nigeria, who just banned Twitter because they banned their President. More COUNTRIES should ban Twitter and Facebook for not allowing free and open speech—all voices should be heard,” the statement reads.
“In the meantime, competitors will emerge and take hold. Who are they to dictate good and evil if they themselves are evil? Perhaps I should have done it while I was President. But Zuckerberg kept calling me and coming to the White House for dinner telling me how great I was. 2024?”
Trump durring his time as U.S president got his social media accounts such as Facebook and Twitter banned many times.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari