A motor accident that occurred in the late hours of Sunday, September 12, 2021, had claimed the lives of a woman and a girl.
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Anambra confirming the case said the accident took place at Uli, on the Ihiala-Onitsha expressway.
Mr Adeoye Irelewuyi, The Sector Commander of the Corps, confirmed the accident to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Awka, on Monday.
Irelewuyi said the driver of the affected Nissan Caravan commercial bus with registration number ACA 989 ZW, lost control of the vehicle after a tyre burst.
“The vehicle involved is a commercial bus containing 12 passengers – five male adults, five female adults, a male child and a female child.
“The passengers sustained some degree of injuries and were rushed to Nnadi Hospital and Infant Jesus Hospital, both in Ihiala, by FRSC personnel.
“A female child and a woman were confirmed dead by the doctor on duty after which their corpses were deposited at the Ark Angels mortuary, Ihiala,” he said.
Irelewuyi condoled with the families of the deceased and urged motorists to ensure that their vehicles are in good condition before plying the road.
He further advised motorists, especially commercial drivers, to desist from using expired tyres.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike