Operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, Patigi Division, Kwara State, have arrested two individuals for allegedly spending fake currency.
They are Benjamin Moore (m) 42 years, Nicholas Kelechi (m) 25 years, of Oke Idawo, Iseyin in Oyo State.
They were arrested on Friday, at about 18:15hours at Yagba market, Patigi, in Patigi Local Government Area of Kwara State, while spending the fake currency.
According to the spokesman of the defence corps, Babawale Zaid Afolabi, in a statement in Ilorin, Benjamin Moore, described as the ring leader, hails from Ebonyi State, but resides in Iseyin.
“He is currently running two homes, having a wife in Iseyin with five children and another one in Enugu with four children.
Moore, said the man took him to Gurumaraji Temple at Ibadan to collect the fake money, using two hundred naira (N200) note to collect one thousand naira fake money.
The statement said they decided to operate in far places like Yagba market in Kwara State where they cannot be easily traced.
“He also confessed that it was his first attempt in the business,” the statement stated.
State headquarters of the civil defence corps for further investigation.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari