Chelsea’s centre back, Antonio Rüdiger, has apologised over his collision with Manchester City midfielder, Kevin De Bruyne in the Champions League final match played on Saturday.
The collision forced the Belgian international out of the field prematurely, and was replaced by Brazilian centre forward, Gabriel Jesus.
Rüdiger obstructed De Bruyne’s run towards goal, leading to serious facial injury on the 29-year-old.
Rüdiger took to his official Twitter account to say “not intentional from me.”
“I’m really sorry for De Bruyne’s injury”, the defender said.
“I’ve already been in touch with Kevin personally and I really wish him a speedy recovery and hope we can see him back on the pitch very soon again.”
De Bruyne himself had earlier revealed the exact diagnosis of his injury in a tweet that read: “Hi guys just got back from the hospital.
“My diagnosis is Acute nose bone fracture and left orbital fracture. I feel okay now. Still disappointed about yesterday obviously but we will be back.”
While De Bruyne has left the hospital, his availability for EURO 2020 hangs in the balance and depends on how quickly his injuries heal.
Belgium’s opening Group B match takes place on June 12 where The Red Devils will slug it out with Russia at St Petersburg.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari