Governor Gboyega Oyetola of Osun state, on Sunday berated those calling for secession in Nigeria, describing the agitators as “unserious” people.
Oyetola, who featured on the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, Forum, said he believes in restructuring for more economic and political powers to get to state governments, rather than a total breakup of the country.
The governor said: “What I believe in is that for us to live together as a people, every unit of the enclave should have rights and responsibilities clearly defined.
“To me, restructuring does not mean that people should separate. Whoever is thinking along that line is not serious.
“We have come a long way, and it is togetherness that can make us get to where we are supposed to be within the space in the world.”
Also Read: Why Nigeria Cannot Break Up – Sule Lamido
“I believe in devolution of power to the states, let the states have more power to do most of the things they have been doing.
“Give the states more support, and I believe we should look at the issue of revenue allocation. We should allow the states to have more funds to develop some of the things they have,”
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari