Jigawa state government has banned the use of motorcycles across the state from 9pm to 6am.
The directive was issued on the 3rd of this month by NCC (Nigerian Communications Commission) to all telecommunications providers in the country.
According to Alhaji Bala Usman Chamo, the farseeing step was taken to constrain the level of insecurity pervaded in the state.
The decision as explained by the Chairman of Dutse Local Government Council, was taken during the state’s security council meeting presided over by Governor Abubakar, the governor of the state.
The security personnel have also been apprised to ensure the enforcement of the directive.
Anybody found not heeding to the directive as said by Chamo, shall be dealt with decisively.
The publication stated that the directive issued in a letter signed by the executive vice-chairman and Prof Umar Danbatta, chief executive officer of NCC.
- Police Arrest Fake Military Officer With AK-49 Riffle
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra