Comrade Shedrack Agediga, the Executive Director on Planning, Research, and Statistics on the board of the Delta State Oil Producing Areas, DESOPADEC, has called on youths to rise up and take their place in leadership.
The revered philanthropist made the charge while playing host to the Global Good Governance Ambassadors Awards and Summit team in Warri, Delta State.
While responding to questions during the breakfast discussion, Agediga lamented the lack of interest on the part of youths to rise up to the occasion with regards to leadership and governance.
Taking the Global Good Governance Ambassadors Awards team through memory lane, Agediga recalled that all key players in government today were already active players in government in their youthful ages.
“How can we have 30-year-olds all over the place who cannot rise up to the occasion of leadership in government?” Agediga questioned.
“The old people we point fingers at and say are too old to lead were already active players in government in their 20s. Painfully, even youths that are given the opportunity to come into government to play their parts have been disappointing,” he said.
He called on youths to deliberately involve in politics not just as participants, but work towards occupying leadership positions to change the status quo.
Other recipients who were visited on Monday include Edafe Ogbetuo, CEO Solutions Global Foundation; Israel Edemayibo, CEO mDYP Records; and Oritseje Washington, CEO Azaman Oil & Gas.
The Global Good Governance Ambassadors Awards and Seminar 2021 is organized by the MK Magazine.
The prestigious Global Good Governance Ambassadors Awards/Summit 2021 is scheduled to hold on Thursday, October 28, 2021, at Sheraton Hotel, Abuja.
The award is aimed at promoting good governance policies and humanitarian services in Nigeria.
The event will feature a Symposium with the Theme: Repositioning Good Governance Mentality For Global Impact.
Recipients of the Award will also be inducted into the Global Good Governance Ambassadors Forum Hall Of Fame.
The team was led by Amb. Temisan O. Louis, Continental Director Global Good Governance Ambassadors Award with newsmen in attendance.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike