The Pan Niger Delta Forum, PANDEF, has stated that the Water Resources Bill before the National Assembly is an evil piece of proposed legislation, and also a gross violation of the fundamental human rights of people of the Niger Delta region.
This was stated when a delegation of PANDEF paid a courtesy visit to the Bayelsa State Governor, Douye Diri in Yenagoa, as part of the efforts to foster synergy among states in the region.
Retired Air Commodore Idongesit Nkanga who led PANDEF said Ijaw leaders and South-South Governors under the “BRACED Commission”, a regional development body of the six Niger Delta States, must unite in realization of objectives of the region.
The National Assembly was asked by the leadership of PANDEF to discard the controversial bill. A call which was supportted by Governor Diri.
The Bayelsa state Governor expressed gratitude to PANDEF for making Yenogoa the headquarters of its secretariat.
Meanwhile, the Water Resources Bill 2020 has been withdrawn by the House of Representative following a rowdy session on Tuesday’s plenary session.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari