The ‘Nka Ikemesit Mkparawa Essien Efik Duob-Eba’ group reportedly domiciled in the palace of the Obong of Calabar, has given the Head of Igbo community in Calabar 7 days to leave the town or face consequences.
The order was addressed to the leader of the Ndibo Community, Eze Ndigbo, and contained in a statement issued on Thursday, April 1.
The statement was signed by the Chairman, Ekpo Ekeng; Vice Chairman Adim Ekpenyong Adim; Secretary, Ekpenyong Bassey Ekpenyong, and Assistant Secretary, Christy Edem Bassey Edem.
The group lamented on the insult allegedly meted on the Obong of Calabar by the Eze Ndigbo.
The group accused the Head of the Igbo community of claiming to be the Obong of Calabar whereas he’s not.
“For insulting the Obong of Calabar, calling yourself or making yourself the Obong of Calabar, when Obong of Calabar is on the throne we give you 7 days to leave the town,” the group stated.
The incident was gathered to have allegedly occurred during the award giving to Innoson Motors on the 27th March, 2021, at the University of Calabar.
- “I am Destined to Marry Tonto Dikeh” – Actor Uche Maduagwu Says
- Best Centre-Back in The English Premier League Identified
- Give Independence To RMAFC on Equitable Revenue Allocation – Okowa Tells National Assembly
- Vigiante Slay 11 Bandits, Arrest Others in Kogi
- Despite Numerous Challenges, Nigeria’s Unity Remains Unshaken – FG
- “James Brown is my Spirit Animal”- Toke Makinwa Reveals
- Over 1m Nigerians Completed Voter Registration in 12 weeks – INEC
- Nigerian Customs To Deploy Drones At Seme Border To Check Smuggling
- States Must be Empowered To Harness Resources, Revenues For Development – Wike
- My Vision For United Nigeria Driving Me Crazy – Okorocha