Minister of communications and digital economy, Isa Pantami has said his ministry has been prioritising security over economic benefits.
Pantami, who spoke on his ministry’s contribution to the fight against insecurity during the launch of the NCC’s strategic vision plan (SVP) on Tuesday in Abuja, said his ministry does not joke with security.
The Minister said: “We have even been compromising the economic progress of our sector because of our aim in supporting security institutions,”
“At any point in time in the telecommunication sector, our position is ‘security takes precedence over economic benefits’.
“Security is our priority followed by economic benefits. But if two things can be pursued, this one is our priority.”
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars
- Gas Crisis May Increase Oil Prices By $10 – Mele Kyari