Bayelsa State Governor, Senator Douye Diri, has extended an olive branch to those who defected from the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) to the All Progressives Congress (APC), during the last gubernatorial elections in the state.
Governor Douye Diri dubbed ‘Miracle Governor’ also called on the defecting party members to return to the PDP.
The governor stated this during the official commissioning of the new PDP secretariat in Yenagoa, the state capital on Wednesday.
He said “We have forgiven all those that left us, we have so many that came back, but I want you to go and bring back the remaining ones. Bayelsa state is known for internal party politics and we all know it; which means once you get the party flag at any level it is as good as winning the general election itself.
“I will also use this opportunity to commend party faithful for standing by the government of the day and for ensuring PDP is in charge in the state, and also the state working committee for bringing everybody to such a beautiful structure, because once other parties see this, they will give up.”
- BBNaija S6: Yousef and Saskay Are Evicted
- Wike to be Honored as Distinguished Governor of the Year on Infrastructural Development
- How APC Used, Dumped George Akume – Tiv Youths
- Buhari Approves Appointment of NNPC Limited’s Board Members
- INEC Office Set Ablaze in Enugu
- Why Nigeria Can’t Adopt Electronic Transmission of Election Results – Kalu
- Nigerian Govt Must Respect Human Rights To Attain National Unity – Gbajabiamila
- Anti-Open Grazing: Pro-Buhari Group Says Ortom Doesn’t Hate Buhari, Fulanis
- BREAKING: 3 Policemen Dead, 2 Injured as Gunmen Attack Checkpoint in Anambra
- Zoning: ‘You’re Desperate For Relevance’ — PDP Tackles Umahi