Nigeria singer, Olubankole Wellington, popularly known as Banky W, has described as ”clueless” the Federal government’s decision to suspend Twitter operations in the country and called on Nigerians not to vote for any politician who is above the age of 65 anymore.
Banky in a series of tweets via his Twitter account said the government cannot stop kidnapping and other vices plaguing the country but they can come out to ban Twitter.
“Nigerian Government banned Twitter, and announced the ban ON Twitter. You can’t make this up. Clueless.
Also Read: We Don’t Buy Arms We Produce Arms; IPOB
“They can’t stop kidnapping, armed robbery and terrorism, the country is as unsafe as ever and yet they can seize passports and block bank accounts of peaceful protesters.
“They ban cryptocurrency. They ban Twitter. Completely out of touch with the plight of young people.
“The retirement age in Nigeria is 65. Regardless of party if you’ll be over 65 at the time of elections, we won’t vote for you. It’ll at least eliminate an entire group that has had enough opportunities to fix this mess.
“Can we consider doing #NowToOldToRule? If you’re over 65, you’ve had your chance to help fix this mess. Isn’t it time for that entire generation to rest? The Nigerian Government should not be a retirement home. It’s worth a thought. It’s worth a shot,” he wrote.
- PAP: NDRN Congratulates, Tasks Kemepade on Head of Reintegration Elevation
- Nigeria Has No Excuse for Inadequate Power Supply – Al-Mustapha
- MKO Abiola Remains Most Acceptable Nigerian Democrat – Northern Governor
- Buhari Remains My President, I Pray For Him Every Day, Governor Says
- Killings: We’ve Cried Enough, It’s Now Time For Action – Ortom
- Boko Haram Pays Recruits N5,000 To Spy, Smuggle Weapons – Zulum
- Your Hatred For Biafra Irrelevant, Referendum Nust Take Place – Kanu Tells Leaders
- JUST IN: Olusegun Obasanjo Writes Open Letter To Buhari
- Why I Apologised To My Lesbian Daughter – Charlyboy
- 2023 Elections: Count Me Out of Any Contest – Gov Masari