Umar Garba Danbatta, executive vice chairman of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), has disclosed the federal government readiness to deploy fifth generation (5G) network across the country.
Danbatta made this known while responding to questions from the new permanent secretary of the ministry of communications and digital economy, Bitrus Bako Nabasu during a presentation in Abuja on Wednesday.
He said “On the 5G, the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami has spoken about the Federal Government’s position to deploy as soon as possible. Our state of readiness is very high,”
“There’s an auction committee for 5G with a deployment plan ready. As you know, without a plan you cannot have a successful deployment.”
“All we are asking is additional spectrum to be allocated by the National Frequency Management Council (NFMC). Of course some of these spectrums are ready but we have to get the Federal Government’s approval to go ahead with the auctions.”
- BREAKING: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Enrolling WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army
- Decentralization of VAT Collection Will Favour Every State – Udom Emmanuel
- EPL: Your Playing Style Vexes me – Ince Lambasts Man United stars