Former military head of state, Abdulsalami Abubakar, has explained reasons why secession will not work in Nigeria.
The former military leader pointed to the inter-ethnic relationships and marriages among Nigerians as the reason why it would be impossible for seccession to succeed.
He stated this while speaking at the Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida(IBB) Legacy Dialogue 2021, on Thursday.
“Even if you break Nigeria now, what are you going to do? When everybody, every Nigerian, anywhere you go in the village, you will find a Hausa man, a Yoruba man, an Igbo man, Itsekiri and so on and so forth.
“So, when you say you divide, where do you draw the line with the inter-marriages and so on and so forth? It is going to be difficult.
“He advised Nigerians that all hands should be on deck to address the menace, calling on Nigerians to expose perpetrators of insecurity.
“So, let us expose them to the authorities and let us put our hands on deck to tackle the security challenges.”
- Aston Villa Ensures Man Utd’s 2 Conscutive Home Defeats in Just 4 days
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend