Yahaya Bello explains why Fani-Kayode did not join APC
Yahaya Bello, the Governor of Kogi State has revealed why Nigeria’s former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode did not join the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.
The aspiring presidential candidate made the revelation while speaking Channels Television programme Politics Today.
The claim was greeted with viral photos of former minister meeting with the Kogi State governor, Yahaya Bello and the APC interim National Chairman, Mala Buni.
Meawhile, Fani-Kayode debunked the reports that he had dumped the PDP for APC, saying his meeting with the duo was about defection.
Bello explained as thus;
“Myself and Chief Fani-Kayode are brothers and we are partnering in ensuring there is peace and tranquility across the country.
“The Chief Femi Fani-Kayode that everybody knows by the time he met me, I think he had a rethink of what life is all about and what Nigeria is all about, and you can see the mix so far, we are able to broker peace between the Amalgamated Union of Traders and our other aggrieved brothers.
“Him joining the APC is at his own volition; him not joining, is at his own volition, political party divide has nothing to do with both of us working for the unity, peace and progress of this country, that’s what I know.”
- Oyedepo Backs Regulation of Social Media
- EFCC Will Prosecute Uzor Kalu Again, Says Bawa
- One Student Killed as Troops Rescue Five Abducted From Kebbi School
- COVID Cases in Africa Increased by 52% in One Week, May Get Worse – WHO
- Police: Van Used To Kidnap Kebbi Students Belongs To a Judge — Bandits Hijacked it From Him
- Buhari is Not Sick, He Moved Round Borno For Six Hours – Ali Ndume
- Insecurity: I Feel Safer in Maiduguri Than Abuja – Ndume
- I Don’t Think Gunmen Who Attacked my School Are Nigerians, Says Kebbi Student
- EndSARS protester, Nicolas Mbah regains freedom after spending several months in kirikiri prison
- Uzodimma Seeks Additional State For South East, Defends Buhari on Restructuring