Vice President Professor Yemi Osinbajo, has explained that his primary reason for being in government is to serve the people and honour God.
The VP made this known on Sunday during the 65th birthday and retirement thanksgiving service for a Nigerian pilot, Capt. Usman Saleh Yahaya, which was held at ECWA Goodnews Church, Maitama, Abuja yesterday.
Osinbajo said, “the scriptures say that we are the salt of the earth. Every time people ask me, they say, oh, why are you in government? And I say, why not?
“The calling of God upon our lives is that we must be in service. What is the point of light if it is kept under a bushel? What’s the point of salt if it does not go into the soup? If it is afraid of soup, what kind of salt is that?
“The scriptures say that we are the salt, so we should play the role of the salt. Now, salt is to make things better.
“it is the duty of the church never to lose hope. As a matter of fact, the only reason why hope is one of the central pillars of the church is because the history of mankind, the history of people, started from hopelessness. That is why we are there to give hope.”
“I’m very confident that no matter what we are seeing today, our country will be great. I’m very confident that as the Scriptures say, weeping may endure for a night, but surely joy will come in the morning.”
- Gulder Ultimate Search Organizers Reveal Date of New Season
- Malami Opens up on Released Boko Haram Sponsors
- Investigate the Death of Oviekeme -Bayelsa CoP
- Young Woman Dies of Breast Cancer Two Weeks After Wedding
- Dog Bites Private Part of Ondo Varsity Student
- Farmer kills Cousin During Fight Over Gossip in Ogun
- Obaseki Releases Long- Awaited Cabinet List
- China Declares All Crypto Transactions Illegal
- Top 5 League Matches in Europe This Weekend
- Stop ‘Illegal Network Installations’ – Police Warn Zamfara Residents