Popular entertainer and activist, Charles Oputa, popularly known as, Charlyboy, has explained why he apologized to his lesbian daughter, Dewy Oputa after she accused him of neglect.
Recall that Dewy had called out her father on Instagram, when he revealed how he felt about her sexuality.
Charly Boy had stressed that he is in support of his daughter, irrespective of her choice of a sexual partner.
But Dewy didn’t seem pleased with her father’s statement, accusing him of being a ‘hypocrite.
But speaking with DAILY POST in an exclusive interview, Charlyboy said he apologized to his daughter because he realized he was encroaching into her private life.
”I apologized because I had same clash with my father who was trying to doctor my life. I resisted and said no, I will tell my own story.
”I did not realize I was encroaching. Even though initially when I heard, like any other parent, I was concerned but then I cannot be hypocritical because I have fought for LGBT right and some many rights. So because of my daughter, I cant change.
“When I realized that, I apologized to her because we are friends. It is not a father-daughter relationship, we are buddy and that is the special bond I share with all my children,”
- Buratai, Malami Behind Igboho’s Detention in Benin Republic – Yoruba Nation agitators
- “I’m the last of the males” Obi Cubana Writes as he Shares Picture with his Elder Brothers
- Sexy Photos of Bbnaija Housemate Maria Chike
- Anti-Open Grazing Bill: Miyetti Allah Demands 30,000 sq metres of Land in Delta
- Soldiers Shutdown Market, asks Traders to Remain at Home “Until Biafra is Achieved” in Imo
- #BBNaija: “I made my first million at 19” – Arin
- 63-year-old Man Publicly Flogged and Fined for attempting to Sleep with Daughter-in-law
- Bandits Attack Gov Uzodinma’s Hometown, Kill DPO in Imo
- Househelp, Three Others Arrested Over Murder of Banker in Yobe
- Nnamdi Kanu: Buhari Has Collapsed Nigeria’s Democracy – Deji Adeyanju