Why I Resigned From a Bank Job to Hawk Bread – Nigerian Graduate
A Nigerian graduate, Ali Dahiru has explained why he resigned from his white-collar banking job to pursue bread Hawking.
According to Ali, he resigned from his job at Zenith Bank and resorted to hawking breads, a decision he describes as a blessing.
Mr. Dahiru, a Higher National Diploma graduate of Cooperative Economic and Management from the Kaduna Polytechnic, told the News Agency of Nigeria how he hawked bread on the streets of Kaduna, and was proud of his trade.
”After my graduation, I worked with Zenith Bank as ‘Contract Staff’ for six years, before I resigned to start selling bread.
On how he delved into the bread hawking business, Dahiru said;
”It was during my annual leave that I decided to talk to a man who sells bread to us in the bank, indicating my interest in the trade.
“I had realised that what he earned in selling bread was more than my monthly earnings at the bank.
”He tried to discourage me on the grounds that as a graduate, bread-selling was not something I should embark on, but I insisted.Advertisement
”I eventually resigned from the bank and started selling bread on a motorcycle, to the surprise and dismay of some people,” he said.
“I am not ashamed of selling bread as a graduate; those that parade themselves as graduates and do not have a source of income do ask for assistance from me; they should be ashamed, not me.
”I save a minimum of N5,000 daily if my customers did not default in settling my money, but if they do, I save N3000 daily,” he boasted.
”I use a motorcycle which cannot carry large quantity of bread to meet up with the demand of my customers; some times I to go to the bakery three to four times, and often time before I finish my supply, the bread at the bakery would have finished,” he said.
Ali encouraged young people to embrace legitimate businesses and to “cut their coat according to their sizes.”
- BREAKING: Army to Punish Female Soldier For Dehuminizing Corp Member
- BREAKING: FG Bans SSS1, SSS2 Students From Enrolling WASSCE, NECO, NABTEB
- Actress Olaide Oyedeji Welcomes Baby With Husband, Olukotan
- Adekunle Ajasin University to Rusticate Students For Indecent Dressing in
- EPL: How Can You Sign Ben White for €58.50million– Gallas Faults Arsenal
- Katsina Female Hunter Vows To Defeat Bandits
- Police Arrest Three Women Concealing Petrol in Bags For Bandits in Katsina [VIDEO]
- El-Rufai Struggling To Export Banditry To The South – Akeredolu
- EFCC Arrest 26 Internet Fraud Suspects in Delta State
- We Will Not Allow Foreign Terrorists Overrun Nigeria – Army