President of the Senate, Ahmad Lawan has said scores of Boko Haram and Islamic State’s West Africa Province (ISWAP) fighters have surrendered due to new military strategies.
Lately, scores of terrorists and their families, have surrendered to the Nigerian Army.
Lawan disclosed this at the Presidential Villa on Monday after a session with President Muhammadu Buhari.
He said “I’m sure the new strategies by the current leadership of the armed forces are working”, he said.
“Boko Haram, having lost its leader and probably having lost so many commanders, some of them think they should just throw in the towel.”
The Yobe Senator however, warned that the repentant insurgents be thoroughly screened.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike