Femi Adesina, media adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari, has explained the reason behind Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) declaration of a net profit in 2020.
Femi Adesina said NNPC broke the 44-year jinx because the president “did not use it as his personal Automated Teller Machine (ATM)”.
Few days ago, the president, who doubles as minister for petroleum resources, announced that the NNPC recorded N287 billion profit after tax (PAT) for the year ended December 31, 2020.
In an article titled; ‘How Buhari Broke The Jinx At NNPC,’ released on Thursday, the media advicer said: “Well, it happened because perhaps for the first time in the history of the country, and of the NNPC, there is a President who is not using the place like a personal Automated Teller Machine (ATM),”
“He (Buhari) is not collecting millions upon millions of dollars by fiat, nor is he giving directives for any under-the-table deal. And that President also happens to be the Minister for Petroleum Resources.”
Adesina also quoted , the group managing director of NNPC, Mele Kyari, as saying that Buhari “has never made any demand of us, asked for a single thing for himself or any individual”.
- Boko Haram Attack Yobe Community
- Big Brother Naija: Fans Call EFCC on Organizers, Threaten Protest Over Pere
- Suspected Ritualist Kill, Bury 9-year-old Girl With One Thousand Naira Note in Kwara
- Nigeria’s Tax System is Problematic And Confusing – Fayemi
- Mourinho Blames Referee, VAR For Derby Loss
- APC Wants To Be in Power For Next 40 Years – Former Governor
- Gunmen Attack Community, Kill One, Injure Others in Kwara
- Nigeria Going Through Turbulent Times, We Need To Remain United – Sanwo-Olu
- Please Come To Aid of Benue IDPs – Ortom Begs Nigerians
- At 61, Nigeria Should Be Competing With Developed Countries — Wike